Calling myself a super hat lady doesn't mean I can do everything perfect all the time. As mom/wife and being a woman in general, we all have to learn to time manage. It's a constant lesson for me. One that comes with bumps in the road, but I manage to get back on track, most of the time :) With that said; I let my blog fall by the waist side for other things: moving, caring for my son, working out, coaching, and connecting with who I was becoming within those roles. Most of which were still new to me. HOWEVER, I AM back now! Deployment has ended and life has become a little more busy. Taking care of our house hold, our son, and caring for our marriage as well as health coaching has made Me exhausted, but also very fulfilled :) this post will be about the end of deployment, and the start of our family. My husband returned from Afghanistan mid July. The moment he walked into the hall where all the spouses were, I spotted him! "It's really over" I kept thinking! I held our son, Taj, my source of strength the entire 10 and a half months. As he slept, I whispered in his ear, "your daddy is home." Taj abruptly woke up to the reception music, and my voice! I like to think he was resting for his daddy so they could go home and play.
OUR SOLIDER IS HOME. Tears filled my eyes, and love flooded my heart! That first kiss felt amazing! I had butterflies in my stomach. Much like when we first kissed 4 year prior. He was really here, home, for good! Finally he was safe, and we wouldn't have to let him go for awhile. We went home that night and I hoped he grew to like it because this was the first time he would see the home I choose for us, our family. I was different too! Having dropped 38 pounds and put on lean muscle, I stood tall and confident, and he noticed. :) there's nothing better than the way I felt that night. I felt like the best ME. I posted the picture of our kiss on Instagram simply stating "COMPLETE"
With my husband home, I feel more free to handle a lot of things I otherwise did not, because he's one of my biggest supporters! So blog here I come!
Words of inspiration: "You go fight for the world. I'll be home fighting for us."
~ Determined Army Wife
No comments:
Post a Comment